German-Russian Initiative for digitization of economy (GRID)
German-Russian Initiative for digitization of economy (GRID) combines the efforts of commercial and public sectors in the field of digital economy and industry 4.0.
From German part the founder and core of this initiative is German Committee on Eastern European Economic Relations and the Russian-German Chamber of Commerce, as well as Siemens, SAP and Bosch, Remondis, Volkswagen Group Rus. On the Russian side, the GRID included: the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RSPP), Rostelecom, Zyfra, Sinara Group, Kaspersky, RosTech and Skolkovo Foundation. Representatives of the German and Russian parties, both commercial and non-commercial organizations, are allowed to participate in the GRID.
The aims of the initiative are:
- Support of Russian-German dialogue on the highest socio-political level for application of European experience and best practices in the field of digitization and the development of innovations;
- Accelerate the transformation of the Russian economic sector and increase the competitive advantages of German and Russian products through the exchange of experience and the creation of referential models of interaction;
- Expansion of the presence of companies in the markets of the partner countries of the GRID, as well as the establishment of ways of interaction between the organizations forming the Russian economy and the leaders of the European markets;
- Support of Russian organizations in the determination and implementation of their strategy for the digitization of the commercial sector and the country's economy.
On the first stage the parties have set the following objectives:
- Holding regular events at the state and business levels to promote the topic of digitalization and exchange of experience in implementing the concept of "Industry 4.0". The target audience of these events is representatives of the commercial and non-commercial sectors, government officials and the media;
- Development of a roadmap, concrete measures and recommendations to address issues and optimize the processes associated with digitization in the economic sector;
- Creation of a model and mechanisms for effective international and inter-sectoral cooperation for the implementation of the concept "Industry 4.0";
- Launch of the show-room, demonstrating the achievements of German enterprises in the implementation of the concept and digitization of the economy.
Hintergrund der Initiative
The German-Russian initiative on digitization was launched at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum, where in June 2017 an Agreement on Cooperation and Partnership was signed between the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs and the German Committee on Eastern European Economic Relations.
At the meeting of the Russian-German Strategic Working Group for Economic and Financial Cooperation (SWG) in October 2017, the State Secretary of the German Ministry of Economics and Energy Matthias Makhnig asked the Russian-German Chamber of Commerce to engage interested companies in the dialogue on the digitalization of the economy, from both Russian and German sides, in order to provide a basis for the creation of a working sub-group on digitization, as the representatives of the Chamber of Commerce suggested in the framework of the meeting. The work of the sub-group will be aimed at closer interaction of the parties on the agenda of digitization.